Temperature is one of the variables more used to study and characterize the molecular behavior of the matter. It is a parameter that must be always controlled.
Thermography is a technique that studies the thermal variations through catchment of infrared radiation emitted by any objects. Thermographic cameras catch thermal pictures, each pixel represents a temperature level.
The thermographic inspection is an effective tool because of:
- The study could be made in normal work conditions, without stopping the installations.
- Is not necessary to touch the studied surface to know its temperature.
- Is easy to identify and locate the origin of the problem.
A defect that is located quickly supposes:
- Its evolution tracking.
- In situ reparation before it could cause major accidents.
- Increase the installation and the inspected equipment’s life.
- Improves the energetic efficiency.
- Reduction of the maintenance time, because the components are not replaced.
Obviously, all this points mean saving money. Locating anomalies may seem easy, but is essential have a trained staff for these works, because there’s a lot of conditions and parameters that affect to the measuring devices which could lead to errors.
HeliTecnics has very trained and experienced personnel that guarantee the effectiveness of the study.
Thermography in Electrical and Mechanical Installations.
Every electric error always generates heat before happening. This heat increase starts slowly. The more frequent electric anomalies causes are: increase of the resistivity for bad contacts, high consume, harmonics, unbalanced phases, etc.
If we talk about mechanical errors we can mention: friction, lack of lubrication, material wear, mechanical overload, inadequate maintenance, etc.
The industrial thermographic inspection can be applied to:
- Electric panels.
- Electric substation.
- V. Power lines.
- Production lines. Machinery.
- Motors, pumps and bearings.
Thermography of Thermal and Refractory Installations
The energetic efficiency of the industrial installations have become a very important issue to reach the sustainable energetic margins, generating economic savings through energetic savings and reductions of CO2 emissions . The infrared thermography can determine the actual conditions of the insulation in cold and hot applications, swiftly and effectively.
The most common applications are:
- Cooling ducts
- Process and rotary furnaces
- Heating systems
- Cold and hot pipes